The University of Guam Endowment Foundation exists to foster and promote the growth, progress, and general welfare of the University of Guam. The Endowment Foundation hosted many successful events in 2007 and received several major gifts from key donors, including a $1M donation from Tan Sui Lin for the UOG RFK Library building; a $100,000 gift from Mobil Oil to support an academic classroom in the Leon Guerrero School of Business and Public Administration Building and the Mobil East Asian Studies Resource Room in the UOG Library. Additionally, the Felix Martinez Camacho and Antonia Garcia Camacho family and the Personal Finance Center dedicated a classroom the family matriarch and patriarch.
The Foundation ended 2007 with over $10M in assets, an increase of $1.75M compared to the prior year (unaudited). The Foundation recognized the many donors, sponsors, and volunteers during their annual recognition merienda.
The top ten corporate donors for 2007 include:
The top individual donors include:
Major Events in 2007 include:
- The Shaolin Warriors, Legends of Kung Fu, performed at the Field House in February.
- Mobil Oil contributed $100K to support an academic classroom in the Leon Guerrero School of Business and Public Administration Building and the Mobil East Asian Studies Resource Room in the UOG Library in March 2007.
- Proceeds from the Businesswoman of the Year Gala Dinner held in April were used for scholarships for UOG students.
- The Celebrity Chefs� Gala Dinner was held in April, 2007.
- The Foundation�s 5k Run/Walk was held in June, 2007.
- Mina Dos na Konferensian Chamorro�, 2nd Annual Chamorro Conference was held in September.
- 3rd Micronesian Medical Symposium, October.
- Unveiling of the University of Guam RFK Library,�Tan Siu Lin Building� November, 2007.
- The Donor Appreciation Merienda was held November, 2007.
- Dedication and Unveiling of the Felix Martinez Camacho and Antonia Garcia Camacho and Personal Finance Center Graduate Classroom in the School of Business and Public Administration was held in December.